The Dixon-King “shotgun” house was built around 1890 and was originally located in the Atlanta University Center neighborhood. The original 40ft. x 100ft. lot was purchased for $75 by Seaborn Thomas in 1886. In 1893 he leased the house to Andrew Williams, a deliveryman for Kelley Bros. & Bullard Co., wholesale grocers. Sometime between 1897 and 1899, a carpenter named Asbury Dixon purchased the house. It remained in Dixon family until 1993 when it was acquired by the Atlanta Historical Society. Abandoned since 1986, the house was disassembled and reconstructed inside the Atlanta History Center’s Metropolitain Frontiers exhibit. Today the house appears much as it would have in the late 1800s – early 1900s.