Listed on the National Register of Historic Places and operated by the Atlanta History Center, the Margaret Mitchell House is a turn-of-the-century, three-story, Tudor Revival building where Margaret Mitchell lived and wrote her Pulitzer-Prize winning book, Gone With the Wind.  Built-in 1899 by Cornelius J. Sheehan, the single-family home on fashionable Peachtree Street was converted…

Share

Swan House was built in 1928 for Edward and Emily Inman in Atlanta, Georgia. The Inmans had accumulated wealth from cotton brokerage and investments on transportation, banking, and real estate. After their house in Ansley Park burned in 1924, the Inmans commissioned the Atlanta architectural firm of Hentz, Reid, and Adler to design a new…

Share

The Dixon-King “shotgun” house was built around 1890 and was originally located in the Atlanta University Center neighborhood. The original 40ft. x 100ft. a lot was purchased for $75 by Seaborn Thomas in 1886. In 1893 he leased the house to Andrew Williams, a deliveryman for Kelley Bros. & Bullard Co., wholesale grocers. Sometime between…

Share